7 Dec 2014

THE GIFT GUIDE

I was going to write this with the pretence that I was pulling together a gift guide to help you, my readers get through the tricky decisions of what to buy your loved ones this festive period. In reality though, I am just listing everything that I myself am hoping to find within my stocking. Hopefully you'll find some inspiration amidst my selfish daydreams.


Wear it well
I'd love to wake up to find the entire shop floor of Whistles had relocated to my wardrobe, but if I had to narrow it down, the Cliche jumper, striped tee, zipped pinafore and Verity leather backpack are at the top of my list. I'd wear nothing else but outfit variations of these four pieces for the next six months (Santa, are you listening?). New Year's is set to be a house party, and my search for the perfect festive skirt to wear with my favourite grey t-shirt has led me to this metallic & Other Stories design - if I unwrap this on Christmas Day, that's my outfit sorted. As for the Gap collared denim dress and Zara piped trim shirt - versatile, casual staples that I'd wear throughout the year.






To listen and to read
Some of my favourite presents to receive on Christmas morning have to be books, magazines and records. I've developed a bit of an obsession with beautiful, intellectual magazines this year (see Assemblage for a list of my favourites) and I've asked for a few back issues of Cereal this year. I'm also hoping to find one of the Freunde von Freunden books and the beautifully presented Atlas of Remote Islands in my stocking. As for vinyl, Cate le Bon's back catalogue and Deerhoof's new LP are at the top of this year's list. 



Little luxuries
Ah, those small non-essential treats that we all love to receive. I'm a bit obsessed with candles, and Muji's minimalist designs have crept their way onto this year's list. I'm also wishing for & Other Stories beauty products and leather-and-neoprene mix make-up bag, more framed prints of unusual maps to add to my growing collection and a large vase to stuff with fairy lights for the living room. An Acne Canada scarf would be amazing to keep my neck warm all winter long, but there's a hefty price tag involved so a cheaper imitation would be just as welcome.




Post a Comment